Monday 30 January 2012

Zoetrope - Digital Idea

For my Zoetrope I have decided to be daring and try a digital one. I like the idea of taking a scene in real life and then manipulating it using the zoetrope effect.
A advertising board on the roadside will form the background for my scene. Using photoshop I shall replace the image on the board with a plain white background. I shall then shoot approx 25-30 images of someone walking towards the camera.
The camera will be stationary on a tripod and the person will walk towards it, every time they move closer I will press the shutter to capture there movement. As they come in for their close-up they shall re-enact the Edvard Munch scream pose.

I shall set up my camera on a tripod and take approx 25-30 shots on the advertising board and the street below to also give that part of my zoetrope movement. So in effect I shall be layering two images onto one and creating a gif file using both the street scene/advertising board and the Edvard Munch images.

Not the greatest of drawings but a rough (very) outline of my idea.

Inspiration came in no small part to the video shown to us in our IDE module class by Olympus cameras. Showcasing their new Pen camera Olympus used stop motion bringing huge billboards to life. See below for the fantastic video:

No comments:

Post a Comment